A specialist UK-based electronics manufacturer had a requirement to upgrade their two ISO6 wafer growth cleanrooms.
The areas were being served by a combination of four air handling units.Â The air delivery systems had been modified and extended over the life of the cleanrooms and were ‘time served’.
Working closely with the client’s engineers, Clean Air Technologies developed a scheme that employed a single air handling unit together with terminal HEPA filtration maximising existing site utilities to provide optimum energy efficiency.
Planning and co-ordination of the project was critical to ensure wafer production could be maintained throughout the refurbishment and a three-phase programme was developed to minimise cleanroom downtime.
Enabling works were carried out, the new air handling plant installed and mechanical services connected.
Followed by the refurbishment of both cleanroom envelopes.
Including the renewal of walls, flooring, ceilings, doors,Â panels, LED lightingÂ and envelope resealed to provide a very low leakage area with associated energy savings.
Scope of Works
- Phased Programme Development
- HVAC and Extract System Design
- Draughting, Services Layout and Co-ordination
- Mechanical Services Installation
- LPHW Heat Exchanger and Heating Circuit Installed
- Plastic Extract Ducts and Stacks
- Sprinkler System
- Cleanroom Envelope Upgrade
- LED Lighting
- Commissioning, Testing & Validation