Our client had invested in a new state of the art laboratory facility located in the heart of Londonâ€™s globally renowned life sciences hub, â€˜Medcityâ€™, St Pancras.
Clean Air Technologies successfully tendered for the design and construction of the CL3 Suite.
Our client were looking for a business partner with the necessary expertise and experience in building and managing the works associated with the construction, commissioning and validation of specialist CL3 laboratories.
The new Microbiological Containment facility is located on Floor 3 of an 11 storey building. The area was handed to CAT in a shell and core status, in
which we designed and fully managed the construction of a turnkey fully functional CL3 suite on time and in budget on behalf of ISG.
The CL3 suite consisted of six rooms. The envelope was constructed to a high standard from stud and plasterboard partitions with a GRP Armourglaze coating forming the seal of the fumigation envelope. The flooring is finished off with the client specified high quality acoustic vinyl.
Supply air handling units are located on an external terrace on Level 6, with extract fans located on Level 11. Associated ductwork was routed through the building to the laboratory and connected to tight shut dampers located at the fumigation boundary. The design had to take account of both the criticality of the environment whilst allowing for maintenance.
All critical plant was designed and built to have run and stand-by capacity to ensure the integrity of the room is always maintained. All services entering the Fumigation Envelope were routed through proprietary sealing glands to ensure full Sealability. This is the 1st CL3 laboratory to have a fully glazed corner wall to allow viewing from outside the laboratory.
Scope of Works
- Project Management
- Design & Draughting
- Wall & Ceiling, supply & build
- GRP Envelope Finishes
- Electrical Services Installation
- Supply Air Handling Units
- Galvanised Supply Ductwork
- Fibretech Fabric Diffusers
- CHW & LPHW Mechanical Services installation
- Run & Stand-by Extract Fan banks
- Plastic Extract Duct stacks
- HEPA Terminal Housings
- Glazed Walling
- GRP Doors
- Sealed secondary vision panels
- Door Interlocks
- Dimmable LED Lighting with integrated access hatches
- Vinyl Flooring
- Containment Laboratory
- Furniture & Accessories
- Proprietary sealing glands for all pipe and cable services
- Intercom System
- Oxygen Depletion Monitoring and Gas Detection Systems
- Nitrogen & COÂ² gas supply
- Purified Water System
- Sprinkler system
- Fire Detection System
- Pre-Action Fire System
- Panic Alarm System
- Specialist fumigation ports
- Fully integrated BMS system
- Domestic hot and cold water services
- Commissioning & Testing